Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Gotta Love It.

So here comes another rant about Stop & Shop!! Ugh, I feel like this is going to happen all the time...

Can somebody explain to me why in God's name my brillant manager would schedule someone to perform in a position she knows diddly-squat about???? I'd really love to know the answer to this question because it ends up screwing ME over.

I walked into work today to witness total chaos. The line at the customer service desk was up the kazoo and I couldn't even get through the door because it was such a mess. I finally made my way through the barricade of U-boats, boxes, and empty cigarette cartons (which were carelessly thrown onto the floor) to deal with customers who were already aggravated by the long line, not to mention the clueless employee I showed up to relieve. The phones began to ring off the hook and I was stranded.

Now I completely understand the fact that this poor girl was pretty much screwed since she was left to fend for herself without proper training, but it's not my fault that when i tried to teach her the ropes two days ago she didn't pay attention. It's not fair that I had to clean up her entire mess and do the required tasks for the day. The way she left the place was completely unacceptable- trained or not. It's really not that difficult to toss the empty cartons in the trash instead of chucking them on the floor. What ever happened to having respect for other people? If I was ever to leave my shift with the area looking even remotely as bad as it did today, I would hear an earful from the manager. Oh wait, I forgot- no one will say anything to this girl because they don't want to listen to her. HA.

The best part about this entire situation is that I'm the blessed employee who gets to relieve this twit for the rest of the week, which means way more aggravation for me.

I think that I'm going to have it out with the manager tomorrow.

No comments: